Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 21 February 2010

Magic Mushroom Bath

The Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar was released by LUSH Cosmetics as part of their Valentines Day collection. Now, I don't know what the relationship between the mushroom and valentines day is, but honestly I don't really care!

I first decided on buying it whilst browsing online, and when I got to the store and smelt it, I knew I had to buy it! It cost around £2 ... not much for a product that you can get at least three baths out of, if not FOUR!!!

First Impressions:
I thought the design was cute - again didn't see the resemblance between mushrooms and Valentines day, and I still don't. However, the design is original and new! It's really quite refreshing to see something other than the traditional hearts and cupid bows everywhere!
Moving onto what everyone REALLY loves LUSH for and that's the smell! This mushroom has all the lovely smelling goodness that a real mushroom does NOT have - a strong smell of vanilla comes through when you smell it as a solid product before you use it - but there's a nice suprise once you crumble it into the water.
And last but not least, as very briefly stated before, this product costs around £2 (I can't remember the actual price) and it should last you about 3/4 baths! Remember: You don't have to use the whole product to get the bubbles - you'll be suprised at what a small little bit can do!

Using it:
I first broke of the stalk bit of the mushroom (the white bit at the bottom) and used that for my first bath. As it crumbled and landed in the water, bubbles instantly began to form. After a while, (as with any of the Bubble Bars) there were millions and millions of luscious, frothy bubbles!
The second time I used it, I split the top of the mushroom (the head of the mushroom/the red bit) and crumbled that into the water. This time, not only did bubbles appear instantly, it also turned the water a red colour. Which I guess is quite gruesome to some people, but I enjoyed bathing in water that wasn't boringly colourless and prior to the contrary, didn't look like blood (suprisingly).
I also found that a tiny bit of lavender came through the vanilla scent (but that might just be me)

Overall, I thought this product was AMAZING and it's ashame that it was just out on LUSH's shelves for Valentines Day but hey, at least this way I have something to look forward to next year! ;)

Thanks for reading,

Chanel
x




No comments:

Post a Comment