Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Friday 21 May 2010

MAC Haul - To The Beach

Hey guys!

Im so happy that my exams are over now... I feel like I can finally start enjoying myself! hehe

I ran over to the MAC store after my exam finished and was very quite pleased to see that they had the 'To The Beach' collection right in the front of the store. I have to say though, that I was suprised when I saw the products. It wasn't really what I'd expected after looking at the products online for so long; I noticed that I liked the look of the lip products more than I liked the eyeshadows. And if I had ordered online, I would have probably ordered the two blushes - both of which I didn't really like when I saw them upfront. The pink one was just too similar to any other blush that I could pick up for much cheaper. I'm sick of pink blushes! I thought going to the beach was meant to be about a summery, golden, bronzy look?

And the other blush would have literally been a face powder for me... it wouldn't have added colour to my cheeks. I think it would have just made me look too muddy because it was SO similar to my skin tone. I was however, upset that the highlighting powder was sold out - serves me right for not following my instincts and ordering it online hey? ... But I know I would have been way to sad to use it and see the seahorse disappear before my eyes, bit by bit every time I used it lol.

Anyway... here's the list of the products I DID like the look of and I DID buy:
-Sand and Sun Eyeshadow - Matte
-Firecracker Eyeshadow - Veluxe Pearl
-Lazy Day Lipstick - Lustre
-Thrills Lipstick - Frost
-Flurry of Fun Lipglass

First impressions:
On first look, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the lipglass that I bought. I love orange as it is, and I love seahorses... so what actually comes inside the tube is just a plus! Lol ... I'm also really loving the lazy day lipstick. Wasn't too sure about it at first, but if it's pink and I buy it, I know some part of me likes it... I just need to find that part! Lol

I do love all the products I bought, and I'm looking forward to using them. I prefered this collection to the Pret a Papier collection - just because it had more colour and the lip products are better ;) - BUT don't get me wrong... I still love the products I got from the Pret a Papier collection! hehe

Soo!! Here are the pictures! =D

And click here to go check out the video =]








Thrills (Frost) and Lazy Day (Lustre)

Flurry of Fun Lipglass


No comments:

Post a Comment