Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 6 June 2010

Plastic Surgery - Yay or Nay?

The first episode of the final season of 'The Hills' started here in the UK last Sunday. I was never really a huge fan of the so-called reality TV show but when the repeats used to be constantly shown on E4 I ended up following the lives of these people. The love interests, the highs and the lows between each of them. It's literally, almost the 'real' version of Sex and The City. Only these people are rich and begging for fame.

Now then, whether or not you know who Heidi Montag is, I'm sure we've all seen the shocking headlines about her 10 plastic surgery procedures within 10 hours and after seeing the 'new her' on the show last Sunday night, I was shocked and I was so close to tears thinking 'Oh my goodness! What have you done to yourself?!?'

From the moment I started following the show I never said any one of them was ugly. All of the women on The Hills, in my opinion are beautiful and - well, let's just say they're clearly famous for a reason, you know?

In the first episode, Heidi goes to visit her mother and step father to show them the new her and it's honestly heart breaking when we get to listen to the conversation between her and her mother discussing her plastic surgery. I'm not a mother, not even close, but I can honestly say I agreed with every word her mother said about how she thought Heidi was so much more better looking when she was ... well, natural. We're also shown that Heidi cannot talk much or chew a burger because her jaw is still sore and 'locked up' from her jaw shaving procedure.

The main thing that really got me thinking is when Heidi said to her mother something along the lines of 'You don't live where I live. You live in the mountains...' This statement shocked me. She's clearly fallen to become a victim of the media and what the MEDIA expects you to look like if your famous.

And now the media can't stop saying 'Heidi looked so much better before.' If the media thought that, then why didn't they say it in the first place. Heidi must have clearly been ridiculed for something or the other by the media causing her to think she's not beautiful enough so she has to change these things about her appearance. She has admitted that she had her jaw shaved because everyone used to say she had a Jay Leno chin. So the media makes these nasty comments about her chin, and now that she's had the plastic surgery the media makes nasty comments about that. They'll never be happy. The media will always find something and someone to pick on - and people like Heidi, and Michael Jackson and so many others have clearly fallen victim to this.

So what exactly are your views on it? Do you think Heidi looks better now? Do you think the media has any part to play in causing these famous people to change their appearance? Let me know =]

Thanks for reading,

Chanel
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I agree! She looked better before, she's had way too many plastic surgery procedures.

    ReplyDelete