Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 15 August 2010

Youtube Tutorial - Katy Perry Inspired

Howdy!

So, this look was requested by a friend of mine, who would probably be able to pull off this look way better than I can and/or ever could, but it was requested, so I did it =]

Request: To recreate the make up look that Katy Perry wore in her 'Thinking of you' video.

The look is pretty much a classic 50s pin-up girl look and I actually do really like it.  I've never really defined my eyebrows as well as I did in this look and I really like it, so maybe that's a keeper. I love the lip colour as well. The colour Katy Perry wears is a deeper, darker, richer shade of red compared to the normal bright red lips associated with the classic 50s pin-up girl look. The eye look however, is pretty much what you would create for that same pin-up girl look. 

I will soon be recording my foundation routine that I used to create flawless looking skin for this look, so keep a look out for the link here sometime soon (and obviously also a blog post linked to the actual tutorial lol).

Here's a list of all the products I used (including the producs I used for my foundation routine):
EYES:
-Two Faced Shadow Insurance
- White Shimmer Powder (This isn't any particular brand but you want to use a shimmery eyeshadow that's similar. Barry M is an affordable brand that's available at drugstores and can provide you with great dupes!)
- MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Wedge (use a colour that's slightly darker than your skin tone to define your crease)
- Collection 2000 Pressed Powder - 02 Tender Touch
- MAC Fluidline - Blacktrack
- MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Carbon
- E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit - Dark

LIPS:
- Barry M Lip Liner - LL6 Chocolate
- Barry M Lip Liner - LL3 Red
- MAC Matte Lipstick - Ruby Woo

FACE:
- Astral All Over Moisturiser
- Bobby Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 - #5 Honey
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
- GOSH Pressed Powder #3 Warm Sand
- GOSH Natural Blush - 39 Electric Pink

Pictures:












Click here to watch the tutorial on my YouTube channel

Thanks for reading ;)

xxx

1 comment: