Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 10 October 2010

MAC Haul: Venomous Villains - Maleficent



Okay so the last part of this wonderful collection is inspired by the evil Maleficent. She became famous for her role in the 1959 animated Disney movie 'Sleeping Beauty'. She casts a spell on Princess Aurora to 'prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die' on her 16th birthday. She does this because she wasn't invited to the Princess' christening... really? Is that a reason to be so meaaaaan? Lol


Fortunately for Princess Aurora, she doesn't die but only falls asleep until her 'Prince Charming' arrives to kiss her awake. If only we all had a Prince Charming huh? So... technically, the curse is in Princess Aurora's favour and like all good Disney movies, there's a happy ending. Woot woot!


Anyway... I only got two lip products from this part of the collection because the mineralize shadows didn't really stand out to me since I'm not a big fan of mineralize eyeshadows (Mineralize Skin Finishes yeah sure - but the one mineralize trio eyeshadow that I have, I've only used ONCE =[ )


So here's the lipglass in 'Wrong Spell' - AND FYI ... I didn't think I would like this much but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! =]









Okay so in pictures this comes off pretty plummy but it's not as plum as it's coming off. It's actually a pretty dark brown with gorgeous shimmer running through it. It is a beautiful colour, really.

Next up is the lipstick in 'Dark Deed'. Amplified finish. 






This is coming off it's true colour! It's described as a dark brown plum on the MAC website I think but it's actually, in my opinion anyway, a really dark brown red. It's quite a fair bit darker than dubonnet but similar in the sense that they're both browns with a strong red undertone. Or would it be the other way round? I'm not too sure lol. Either way... it's a gorgeous, gorgeous colour!

To see what I got from the other parts of the collection click on the links below:

For a better, more in-depth review on ALL the products in this part of the collection check out Pinkiecharm's video!



No comments:

Post a Comment